Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Firsts

I had two firsts this Thanksgiving and both left my body very sore. First, my oldest son and I, along with my sister-in-law and her son and some other friends ran the 10k turkey trot. I was rather proud that Kamron kept going and going. He was funny though, because he has no middle. He either walked really slow or ran fast. We kept trying to show him how to do a slow jog and it was not working. In the end we bribed him with a new small lego set to keep his motivation up. When he got the set he declared that the run was totally worth it. We made it in 1 hour and 24 minutes. My older kids are doing a fun run marathon where they have to run 27 miles in 6 weeks-and this one knocked out 6.5 of those, so that was pretty awesome.


Before the run

And after

My other first was that after dinner with my husbands family we played football, and I scored a touch down. Okay most of the players were less than three-and-a-half feet tall, but I did actually catch the ball while running (which is probably a first in and of itself) and then I ran with through the correct tree and pole thingy.
At one point in this game I was talking to my toddler when I turned around and saw my husband chasing my brother-in-law who had the ball, I realized that if I ran I could tag my bil, so I did and I tagged him, unfortunately so did my husband and then we collided---hard. We hit the ground hard and my ribs are still bruised, along with my hip and my knee and ... I think I'll just let the guys play next year because I have this sneaking suspicion that I don't really know what I'm doing.

No comments: