Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dinner

My husband has recently gotten a new job working on the computers in one of the Johnson and Johnson facilities. This allows him to have a regular schedule and to be home a little after six each day. It has been a long time since we have been able to eat dinner together consistently. I have been making menu plans and serving full meals to my family. I am not the best cook, but I am improving. I can now cook a dozen or so dinners that are pretty good. First I make sure there are at least three different items and four is better. I always serve a vegetable and a grain product sometimes a meat and just as often fruit. I make sure that the food served is of varying colors. Picture Alfredo pasta with rolls and corn, compared to Alfredo pasta with bacon bits and parsley, rolls with strawberry jam and peas. I am glad that God made vegetables in such beautiful colors, with so much of the other food in the brown to yellow range it is so nice to throw in greens, oranges and reds.

So what is for dinner tonight? Green salad, tamales and rice pilaf.

No comments: